Each child has his or her own MemoryBook Care Portal at no cost. This unique patient engagement addendum to CHADIS is designed to be a way for clinicians to join with parents and teens to:
capture special memories and achievements in a keepsake format
alert them to health challenges
provide useful information tailored just for them by questionnaire results or clinician selection
give access to a file of resources free of advertising
Parents and clinicians access the MemoryBook Care Portal on the same CHADIS page where they complete questionnaires using this icon:
Click on this link to see a brief video on how the MemoryBook works!
1. Populating the MemoryBook:
· The Memory Book will automatically include information provided about milestones passed in the ASQ-3.
· Parents can edit and comment on the entries, add photos, add memorable events.
· Parents can view activity suggestions to promote development for children passing that milestone as a learning/fun curriculum.
· Parents can invite special family members and close friends to sign in add their photos, comments and perspectives to create a keepsake.
· MemoryBook can also be printed or saved as an electronic file.
· Alerts may appear as a pink rectangle at the top of the MemoryBook pages. These are automatically created when responses to a questionnaire indicate that something requires action, such as an improper car seat for child age.
· Clinicians may also send an alert to individuals, all patients of a certain age or everyone in the practice, for example when flu shots are available.
· A red circle on the Notices tab that means there is an Alert or information to read. Once the parent clicks on an Alert they can read the details and type in their plan to address the issue, which will clear the alert.
The Care Portal stores health information tailored to the parent and child identified by information they provide as well as from the clinician. The Care Portal is NOT visible to friends or relatives invited to the MemoryBook.
1. Notices: The “Notices” tab gives access to Alerts, Resources sent by the clinician and Comments sent to the MemoryBook.
2. Alerts: The same Alerts as described above appear on Care Portal pages. There may be a Resource attached to an alert explaining what the family should do.
3. Visit Notes: Clinicians can add Visit Notes using a Patient Specific Template (PST) to be saved on this tab such as directions or behavioral suggestions. Asthma Treatment Plans will appear here when the Asthma PST is completed. Letters for 504 Plan and IEP requests appear when the ADHD PST is completed. Sports Participation forms appear here when the Sports Participation forms are completed. This allows parents to access and print forms at any time.
· Selected resources will appear automatically on the “My Resources” tab as a result of some questionnaire responses and when families select them from free text search.
· When Clinicians select resources from >20,000 CHADIS Resources they are sent to the Care Portal and can also be printed.
· Parents can search CHADIS Resources to find support for their family through community programs, books, guidelines on child development and much more. The resources provided do not contain advertisements. We cannot verify the quality or accuracy of every resource as they were entered by our Center from a variety of reliable sources in order to be comprehensive.
· Patients can search by categories and zip code for programs by clicking “Switch to Advanced Program Search."
· Patients can select and save resources in My Resources to keep for future reference or printing.
5. Communicating via the Care Portal
· The Care Portal can be used by your care coordinators such as an asthma nurse, with parent consent.
· The Care Portal dashboard allows office staff to send Alerts and Notices and monitor whether patients have opened the assigned alerts and resources.
· Staff can search for patients who have completed specific questionnaires e.g. asthma or ADHD using the dashboard.
Contact your Account Manager for more information about MemoryBook Care Portal or to get it started.
“Dr. Lindgren’s patients access a cool web tool, called CHADIS, that allows them to help him screen for all kinds of conditions including developmental delays, behavioral issues, or even learning problems. You see, this doc is big into prevention. But it’s hard to get the info he needs in a regular office visit since parents often have their hands full with a sick child. Now his patients can be way ahead of the game and parents love it.”
Dr. Carl Lindgren
Healthy Futures Pediatrics
CHADIS has been a really great resource for my practice. With CHADIS, I have access to a comprehensive list of screening and assessment tools. I can use the tools to accomplish multiple goals, including early screening and intervention. As a physician, I know that early intervention DOES WORK!
Janice Loeffler, MD
Treehouse Pediatrics has used Chadis as a part of its day to day operations for the past couple of years. We have found it to be a tremendous asset in our operational efficiencies. Parents appreciate the convenience of completing their child’s developmental, ADHD, and asthma questionnaires at home, and it has proven to help make all of our visits requiring questionnaires run more smoothly. Furthermore, we appreciate the interpretation and documentation that Chadis provides for these questionnaires. We feel that Chadis has become an integral part of our operational efficiencies. We do not know what we would do without it.
Bill James, MHA
“I just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful opportunity…so so helpful for me to better understand my patient, and to have ideas on where to go next. So thank you so much for a really incredible opportunity to be part of CHADIS.”